[netatalk-admins] Problems with sherlock searching netatalk

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems with sherlock searching netatalk
From: Jesus Ranz Abad (jranz@anaya.es)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 10:22:47 EST

Hi All!

I install successfully a netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.1 over my linux 2.0.35
box. All
seen to work fine, the server was very fast with higgers performances
than a
Apple Box + AppleShare IP.

My problem begin when I try to find files in the volumes shared by my
server
to the Mac client. When one of this clients (MacOS 8.5.1) try to find
files using sherlook,
the files are shows in the windows correctly but, if you try to click in
some
of then to see the path or to open it, the client say something like "It
was
not possible to open the file because the file isn't there, maybe some
one
have delete it". In this moment sherlook put the file like 'not
accessible'
changing the color name to gray.

Some one found this problem ????

P.S. The message is a free translator to english because my MacOS is not
in
English so, sure that the original message in English will sound
different.

Thanks in advance ....

* Jesus Ranz Abad                           GRUPO ANAYA, S.A.*
* mailto:Jranz@anaya.es	                 http://www.anaya.es *
* C/ Juan Ignacio Luca de Tena,15      Tel:    +34 1 3938839 *
* 28027 Madrid (Spain)                 Fax:    +34 1 7426631 *