[netatalk-admins] atalk for Digital Unix 4.0

Subject: [netatalk-admins] atalk for Digital Unix 4.0
From: Craig A Summerhill (craig@cni.org)
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 10:38:16 EST

Dear netatalk gurus,

If this is a frequently asked question, I'd like to know because I
haven't been able to find the answer anywhere... Thanks in advance
for any assistance you can provide.

A couple of years ago, we replaced most of the functions on a
DEC 5000/200 Ultrix box with an Alpha running Digital Unix. It is
currently running Digital Unix 4.0b. I would like to phase out the
Ultrix machine entirely, but I have not been able to find an
AppleShare implementation for Digital Unix.

   - Many moons ago, we licensed a software product for Ultrix called
     PacerShare/PacerPrint. Pacer is now out of business.

   - I have inquired with a few folks about netatalk, but have yet
     to find anybody who has even attempted to do the kernel
     modifications which I understand would be required to port it
     to Digital Unix.

Does anybody know of a product (commercial or otherwise) which will
allow me to run Apple file services on a Digital Unix Alpha? Has
anybody on this list attempted to port netatalk to Digital Unix?

--

Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer Coalition for Networked Information 21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036 Internet: craig@cni.org AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098