[netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on RedHat: comments and problems

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on RedHat: comments and problems
From: Georg Schwarz (schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 09:12:38 EDT

I've just installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on RedHat 5.2 Linux.
Here are a few comments and problems I still have:

- the RH startup script should check whether /proc/net/appletalk exists
  and exit if it does not.
- the RH startup script might start as default afpd with -G, disabeling
  anonymous guest access
- the RH startup script should have a chkconfig line, making it compatible
  with ntsysv. I'm using chkconfig: - 79 20
  Maybe the startup mechanism used is for an older release of RedHat?
- AppleVolumes.system says:

# default translation -- note that CR <-> LF translation is done on all
# files of type TEXT. The first line turns off translation for files of
# unknown type, the second turns this translation on.

I thought this was now done on a per volume basis, with default being
no translation at all?

The problem I'm currently facing is:

my AppleVolumes.default looks as follows:

~ home noadouble
/tmp /tmp noadouble

On the Mac (MacOS 8.5.1) I only get the first volume, and it's named
'noadouble'! What's wrong with my syntax? Do option have to be
specified differently?

--
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130