Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems compiling 1.4b2

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems compiling 1.4b2
From: Brandon S. Allbery (allbery@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 21:19:28 EDT

In message <199904090109.VAA06642@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu>, wesley.craig@um
ich.edu writes:
+-----
| > From: "John M. Lockard" <jlockard@math.lsa.umich.edu>
| > To: netatalk-admins@umich.edu
|
| > I'm compiling on Solaris 2.5.1 (SPARC), including AFS and KERBEROS, and
| > here's the tail end of my compile. Any ideas????
|
| First, get ~ftp/netatalk/netatalk-YYMMDD.tar.gz, where YYMMDD is a
| date. Second, the compile seems to be missing resolvers for some
| reason. After you've gotten a more recent version, if you still have
| these errors, try -lresolv. Also, I think maybe the order of your
| libraries may be off.
+--->8

I was having mailer problems the first time this rolled around... he's also
missing -lucb (AFS is linked against it, for reasons I don't understand;
-lucb seems to cause more problems than it solves in my experience).

AFS link order is usually a problem in stuff I get from elsewhere; juggle
-lkauth, -lauth, and -lsys to get it to work. Also consider linking -lsys by
full pathname, since Solaris has an -lsys.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu