[netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 login problem and PAM

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 login problem and PAM
From: Victoria Grace Landgraf (LandgrVi@mcmurdo.gov)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 02:37:02 EDT

All --

  I was having the same problem Dave describes (see below), and was
disheartened to read the suggestion to ditch pam (ditto), since that's not
really an option in my environment.

  Instead, I commented out the pam_open_session call in auth.c (which was
where the crash occurred) and pam_close_session in afp_asp.c and
afp_dsi.c. Now everything SEEMS to work fine, though I haven't done
extensive testing.

  Here's my question: anybody know what side effects this has? I don't
*think* the session management stuff matters to me, but I'm not familiar
enough with netatalk or pam to be absolutely sure. My main concerns are
that users authenticate via pam, which they now are, and that failing to
open a pam_session not destabilize my system, which is the part I'm not so
sure about.

  Ideas, anybody?

Victoria Landgraf
landgrvi@mcmurdo.gov