Re: [netatalk-admins] Problem building netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problem building netatalk
From: Jonathan Benson (tech@phoenixmags.com.au)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 23:42:56 EDT

Awrcomp@aol.com wrote:

> ld: cannot open -ldes: No such file or directory
>
> Is this "des" as in encryption? If so, is there a package I need to install?

Yes. There is a package but you don't NEED to install it. If you don't want to
install it just comment our the relevant line from the Makefile.

Ie:
DESDIR=/usr/local
becomes
#DESDIR=/usr/local

If you'd followed the instructions from the HOW-TO then you wouldn't have had
this problem. The URL again:
http://thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/

The HOW-TO also has info on where to get the file DES libraries if you want to
install them, although there is little point if your not going to use encrypted
passwords.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Benson B.Eng. (Soft Sys Hon) <tech@phoenixmags.com.au>
Systems Administrator, Phoenix Magazines, Phone: +61 3 9696 7200