[netatalk-admins] Problem with nested folders

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem with nested folders
From: Kimon Tsinteris (kimon@cornell.edu)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 15:20:54 EDT

Hello,

Out of curiosity, does netatalk represent nested folders slightly
differently than how a regular Mac AppleShare server would?

This is the current problem. My linux box is acting as a file server for a
Powerbook. I store files of large size on the file server to free up space
on my laptop. This includes my digitized music. However, any playlist I may
make only loads correctly while my Mac remains on. Upon a reboot (and
re-mount of the AppleShare file server) the playlist only will load mp3s
from the root folder. Any sorted in nested folders just will not load... it
appears it just does not find them where the playlist instructed it to look.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Many thanks,
Kimon T.
kimon@cornell.edu