[netatalk-admins] Re: AppleTalk multi-homing

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: AppleTalk multi-homing
From: a sun (asun@saul1.u.washington.edu)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 16:31:55 EDT

   I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, but it sounds like you mean =
   something we would love to have, namely the ability to have afpd talk to =
   multiple Ethernet cards WITHOUT routing between the independent networks. =
   At least that is what Apple means by multi-homing with multiple =
   interfaces, as supported by AppleShare IP.

i take it that you mean that you want the appletalk stuff to work, but
you don't want to route appletalk between interfaces. ya sure, you
betcha. i just added the few necessary bits in. it'll be available via
the -dontroute flag. basically, it acts like the reverse of the
-router flag. i haven't really tested it, but it should be set up so
that you can turn off routing for a subset of interfaces if
desired. i'll let people know when the next snapshot is available for
testing.

-a
asun@u.washington.edu