[netatalk-admins] Linux 2.2.8 & Netatalk close but ...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Linux 2.2.8 & Netatalk close but ...
From: Coutts, Ashe (ashe_netatalk@sbehsd.sbceo.k12.ca.us)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 20:09:48 EDT

I'm running RedHat 5.2, kernel 2.2.8 with the netatalk-
1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.rpm and am using the January 1998 Linux
Journal article as my guide. All 'seems' as its working, i.e. the
atalkd.conf lists my zones and names correctly and I 'see' the
computer in the Mac's chooser but when I attempt to log in as a
known user (name:"samba" - pw:"rumba") the chooser waits for
awhile and then tells me the connection has been dropped by the
server or some such. Also, the samba/rumba combo is one of the
combinations I used to get samba up and functioning so the sambe
user has it home directory at /home/samba. In the
AppleVolumes.system file I entered a line for this directory:
"/home/samba Samba" but do not see the .AppleDesktop and
.Appledouble files there as mentioned in the LJ article.
So what please am I missing or don't have set up correctly. Thanks
in advance for the help -- Ashe Coutts

  "We're all here because we're not all there."

Ashe Coutts (ashe@sbceo.k12.ca.us)
805.963-4338 Ext 300
Fax 805.884.1557