Re: [netatalk-admins] linux install prob

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] linux install prob
From: Craig A Summerhill (craig@b.cni.org)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 01:34:43 EDT

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Andreas Lehmann <andreas.c.lehmann@gmx.net> wrote:

> after compiling netatalk under linux (SuSE 6.1, kernel 2.2.5,
> netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3) I want to test it an type:
>
> /sbin/init.d/atalk start
>
> while I get
>

> #/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk.init:/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No
> such
> file or directory
>
> which comes from the first line of my /sbin/init.d/atalk, which looks in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d where defenitely no "functions" reside :(.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Andreas,

To the best of my knowledge, the 'functions' definition is a Red Hat
Linux peculiarity. Within the functions file/script, there are
several routines defined including daemon, killproc, and status which
are employed universally in init scripts to start or stop a process.

Take a look at the functions file I have attached.

--

Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer Coalition for Networked Information 21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036 Internet: craig@cni.org AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098