Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth
From: a sun (asun@saul6.u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 18:52:22 EDT

    I'm an SA, not a much of a developer (and worse, an SA who hasn't
    written an autoconf anything since it pretty much first appeared),
    so I am leaping backwards from the volunteer line on this.

here's my statement:

send me a patch to my stuff that uses autoconf, and i'll incorporate
it. i don't have time to do it myself right now. if i don't get
anything, then you'll have to wait for some undetermined time until it
does get done. actually, you can apply that statement to any desired
feature that i'm not currently working on.

for hints on things to think about, look in sys/generic/Makefile. i've
already pulled a lot of the system-specific things into #defines. in
addition, there are a couple first-cut defines that essentially turn
off lots of stuff for new machines.

   And theses come and go, this will make you a legend! :)

actually, i'm pretty excited about mine. it has the potential to cause
a stir in the field of community ecology. if i had wanted to be a
legend, i wouldn't be working on netatalk. the use of appleshare isn't
widespread enough. gruntwork, while necessary, isn't usually the stuff
of legends. besides, don't you usually have to be dead to be a legend?

-a