Re: [netatalk-admins] Sherlock / OS 8.6 *works* with netatalk (yay!)

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Sherlock / OS 8.6 *works* with netatalk (yay!)
From: Rob Newberry (rob@eats.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 1999 - 12:55:24 EDT

> Netatalk, netatalk@fizbin.com writes:
>
> >The newly enhnaced Sherlock shipping as part of the 8.6 upgrade *WORKS* with
> >netatalk volumes.
>
> Not on my machine it doesn't. It worked fine for a folder, but when I
> clicked on a file, same old problem. "The selected item cannot be found".

Are you sure you're using the right Sherlock? I think there's a noted
problem that sometimes 8.6 doesn't update Sherlock, for instance, if it's
been moved from it's original location.

While in Sherlock, what happens when you choose "About Sherlock" from the
Apple menu? Is it version 2.0 or 2.1? Also, can you resize the window
for your internet searches?

Rob