Re: [netatalk-admins] RE: Jukeboxing Netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] RE: Jukeboxing Netatalk
From: tkaczma@gryf.net
Date: Fri Jun 04 1999 - 22:53:22 EDT

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Lars wrote:

> I am willing to hack the unix side, but have no idea on the mac side of
> things. How about a prog that "pulls out" all the file info from the CD
> _after_ the mount and saves it in the mount directory? Or am I missing it?

You're almost right. This should be done either during mount for all the
files on the CD, which may consume a ton of time or better on the fly when
a certain directory is accessed. Basically, it would be nice if HFS would
provide a virtual .AppleDouble directory and optionally save the data into
some real directory/log so it wouldn't have to be recreated next time the
CD (or other such medium) is inserted, i.e. it would be nice if it kept
state.

Tom