Re: [netatalk-admins] one person's take on linux/netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] one person's take on linux/netatalk
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 14:14:46 EDT

At 17:33 Uhr +0000 04.06.1999, Geoff Ghose wrote:

>I find this a problem also. I was wondering if there could be a afpd option
>that "munges"
>filenames to 32 characters so they at least appear in Finder.
>Any thoughts?

Yep, I think, there has been some sort of fixing from Adrian. In original 1.4b2, the Mac displayed various error messages, from -50 to "File not found", I even had freezes.
But in my eyes, what could be fine (but has nothing to do with the length) is some sort of translating the umlauts to iso-8859-1 instead of escaping them.

:wq! PoC