RE: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth
From: Marc Matteo (MMatteo@sacbee.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 17:43:27 EDT

>> At 15:09 Uhr +0200 06.06.1999, Roland Schulz wrote:
>> >I for myself would rather see a normal, ordinary tgz
>>
>> I fully agree. And it's easier to extract by hand.
>
>I think both of you look at this in a very limited way. I think there
>should be both.

Exactly, I heartily agree.

I love RPM packages, but prefer to roll my own from original sources. It
would be stupid to only produce RPM files and it would be a shortcoming to
produce only *.tar.gz files.

What might be a good idea is to support "official" packages - of any format
- that are maintained by someone else. Then the netatalk people could
concentrate on the code and those of us that don't code so well could
concentrate on the packages.

Marc