Re: [netatalk-admins] multiple interfaces

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] multiple interfaces
From: tkaczma@gryf.net
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 11:41:32 EDT

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Simon Buchanan wrote:

> Is it possible to have eth0 running with TCP and normal appletalk and
> eth1 running only non-tcp appletalk?

A better solution would be to make sure that your firewall blocks
appletalk over IP and call it a day. Another solution, which I think is
better would be to keep appletalk off the "unsecure" segment altogether
and equip any mac necessitating a direct connection to the I-net with a
second ethernet interface to talk to the internal network. Surely there
aren't too many of those Macs.

Tom