Re: [netatalk-admins] partition size limit?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] partition size limit?
From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List (netatalk@fizbin.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 22:48:00 EDT

> It's a Mac issue. WinNT will also report a smaller "available" size to
> help integer overruns on the Mac.

No, it's *NOT* a Mac issue.

Win NT has been showing less space, simply to stay compatible with older
version fo Mac OS, and also because larger network volume support will be in
NT5/Win2000 (long time to wait for tha, I'm sure).

AppleShare servers properly indicate larger disk partition sizes.

... and, last but not least, the netatalk servers I run have no problem
letting my clients show authentic volume size (up to 15 gigs, which is the
largest volume I have shared).

So, this is deifnitely NOT a Mac issue - it was aMac issue on pre-OS 8
systems, but not any more.

Harry