Re: [netatalk-admins] papd printing problems

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] papd printing problems
From: Markus Enders (Markus@Enders.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 13:34:30 EDT

>On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 07:13:18PM +0200, Markus Enders wrote:
>> For the printing system I use the LPRng. Therefor my papd.conf contains
>> pr=| lpr -Pprintername, because pr=printername doesn`t work.
>
> Why don't you just use MacOS's LPR-based printing support?

Well, I`d like to print via AppleTalk. One reason is, the AppleLaserWriter
Faxsoftware is just available in drivers >8.2.3 which doesn`t support LPR.

On the other hand I`d like to know, why it did work with the old SuSE
distribution and the old kernel, but not with the new one...
Can anybody explain, what thoses messages and return codes mean?

Ciao
ENTE