Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems patching afpd

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems patching afpd
From: Michael Han (mikehan@best.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 19:06:59 EDT

Previously...
>I'm trying to apply the Mac OS 8 fix to netatalk1.4b2
>After running patch I get:
>

>Hmm... Looks like a context diff to me...
>The text leading up to this was:

Uh, OS version? Output of 'which patch'? And where that copy of patch
came from?

That error message reminds me of the output from Solaris' patch,
which, like Solaris' diff, is very naughty. If you're on Solaris and
running the Sun diff/patch tools, try getting the GNU versions... If
this is Linux, perhaps the patch was produced with Sun's diff... Apply
by hand, if that's the case. Don't really know what to do if you're on
*BSD, Ultrix or SunOS.

--
mikehan@best.com                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California