Re: [netatalk-admins] Q4.04-autosave with asun 2.1.29

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Q4.04-autosave with asun 2.1.29
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 15:13:49 EDT

At 20:02 Uhr +0200 30.06.1999, thomas.riewe@zeitung-zum-sonntag.de wrote:

>What seems to happen is that Q puts an *.AutoSave Dokument in the shared
>folder, if afterwars someone wants to save the replies are:
>"write protected [-54]" or
>"already open for writing [-49]"

We discovered something similar with XPress 3 and EtherShare/Solaris 7.
XPress auto-saves documents with something like a serial number. If the XP-files have long names, there seems to be some sort of conflict.

I do not have exact information handy at the moment, but if you are interested, I will dig in to the thing again.

:wq! PoC