Re: [netatalk-admins] need for speed

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] need for speed
From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List (netatalk@fizbin.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 13:48:54 EDT

> but when I do "top" my processor is only utilized by barely 1% and my swap
> space only uses 6MB. So I guess ther should be plenty of resources left for
> netatalk to run?!

I believe anders' page states the memory requirements by client, and I have
found them to be accurate, as client load increased. Bear in mind, you might
do a top when all clients are connected, but not doing much.

What are your memory requirements/utilization when all clients are
connected?

Now try the same when all clients initiate a large transfer.

Not sure how top works, but I found a similar slow-down as yours when my
clinet load increased. I threw hardware at it (faster CPU and more memory)
to fix it).

Harry