Re: [netatalk-admins] need for speed

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] need for speed
From: Alex Satrapa (alex@mailhost.topic.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 22:42:09 EDT

At 19:40 +0200 30/6/1999, Paul Friedrich wrote:
>but when I do "top" my processor is only utilized by barely 1% and my swap
>space only uses 6MB. So I guess ther should be plenty of resources left for
>netatalk to run?!

top only shows processor load, not I/O load. I'm not sure what tools are
available to show network, hard drive and memory I/O load.

What does top show when you have three clients trying to open Word files?
It'll only be about half a second or so, which is less than top's
resolution, but you should see the processor load and memory usage go up a
bit.

Netatalk vs. AppleShare is a no-contest, especially when you're comparing a
lowly Pentium II vs a PowerPC G3 :)

Alex
Alex Satrapa Phone: +61 2 6257 7111
Senior Internet Engineer Fax: +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty Limited
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602 http://www.topic.com.au