Re: [netatalk-admins] Routing in the chain of the linux servers...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Routing in the chain of the linux servers...
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 12:19:28 EDT

At 10:39 Uhr -0400 09.07.1999, Konstantin Reznitsky wrote:

> WS1 can see WS2 and WS3, but WS3 can see only WS2 and NOT WS1.!!!

I had a similar setup here, all the same zone name. I saw WS1 from WS3 and vice versa. But connecting to each other failed "No answer from server"; Adrian said, this is a bug in the kernel code which should be fixed in 2.2.10, but darkly remember that I read this of 2.0.36, too. 2.0.36 has the bug.

> But here is another question. Is there a way to use this bug (or
> whatever it is) to hide computers on one of the networks. It could
> be very useful for example to connect this way admistration's and
> students' networks.

This is a BUG and I'd never build anything on a bug.

:wq! PoC