[netatalk-admins] Printing with Solaris

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing with Solaris
From: Neil Calton (nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 10:25:02 EDT

Hi,
        After a long while running netatalk under SunOS , I have
finally got around to installing netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a
Solaris 7 machine.

The Apple file sharing parts work fine but I am having great
difficulty in working out
how to get my Unix printers accessible from the Macs. The man pages
still seem to
refer to the old BSD style of printing and I have not been able to
get anything to
print from the Macs under the Solaris print mechanism. Has anyone
been down this
route who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
        Neil Calton

---
Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Information  Technology               JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Department                                     Tel: +44 1235 44 5740
Rutherford Appleton Lab.            Fax: +44 1235 44 5893
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon
OX11 0QX , England