Re: [netatalk-admins] About netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] About netatalk
From: Patrik Schindler (poc@pocnet.net)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 16:46:10 EDT

At 12:36 Uhr +0000 12.07.1999, Roberto Bouza F. - (Soporte Tecnico) wrote:

> hme0 -phase 2 -net 14-15 -addr 15.13 -zone "CESMa"

Looks good. Created by you or automatically?

> and the daemons of atalkd, afpd, etc starts fine...

Did you look in the syslog? Do they start really fine?

> When i go to the MAC (In the same net - all the machines
> are under Solaris 2.6), and I try to see the zones in the
> appeltalk configuration in the mac, it only have an other
> zones that not are in my net... are in other net on other
> departments of the university....

First: It's a Mac, not a MAC :-)
Second: Tell us more about your network topology. Routers, Servers, all about the AppleTalk point of view.
Third: Have a look at the links on the netatalk page, it's important taht you understand the terms of a (seeding) router, network ranges and zones.
If you have a Novell 'Netware for Macintosh Install/Maintenance' book by hand, you may take this, it's an excellent reference to the AppleTalk protocol suite.

> Second, I can't print any file. My papd.conf look like
> this:
>
> HP:\
> :pr=/usr/ucb/lpr -Php:\
> :op=opr:
> Sparc:\
> :pr=/usr/ucb/lpr -Psparc:\
> :op=opr:

And what's the problem with printing? "It doesn't work." down noch help us much to help you.

> I need all the help that you can give me...

We need all the information you haven't provided yet...

:wq! PoC