Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk+asun-2.1.3 startup error

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk+asun-2.1.3 startup error
From: Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 15:36:58 EDT

>>> Try a tighter range of network numbers in your atalkd.conf.
>>My atalkd.conf doesn't have anything in it at all - it's completely empty. I
>>tried adding eth0 to it but that didn't help.
>
> You have no other AppleTalk router on your net? Try:
> eth0 -seed -phase 2 -net 10-20 -addr 10.1 -zone "Ether"

I added this - it didn't change anything at all. I read on the linux-atalk
list that people were having to actually restart their machines to get it to
work - if it failed once it would fail again - I'm going to try to go to
that machine ASAP and give it a try.

>>On the mklinux machine I have that's working correctly, there's nothing in
>>the atalkd.conf either.
>
> There MUST be something in it after the first start of atalkd.
> Have you looked at the right path to atalkd.conf?

This is the netatalk+asun processes that are running on the mklinux box on
the same network:

root 279 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? SW Jul 11 0:00 /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd
root 289 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? SW Jul 11 0:00 /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd

Here are the only atalkd.conf files on that system - neither of which have
anything in them that isn't commented out:

[root@krycek etc]# find / -name "atalkd.conf"
/usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd.conf
/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/config/atalkd.conf

On the only YellowdogLinux machine that I've got that's working, (ydl 1.0,
Kernel 2.2.7 with AppleTalk as a module) this is the line in atalkd.conf:

eth0 -phase 2 -net 2 -addr 2.144 -zone "Ethernet"

NOTE: This machine is on another network from the 3 I am having problems
with, but they're almost identical software wise.

--
Darron
darron@calgary.westworld.ca - WestWorld Computers