Re: [netatalk-admins] Server disconnecting frequently

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Server disconnecting frequently
From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Sat Jul 31 1999 - 23:28:19 EDT

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Patrik Schindler wrote:

> >We had the same symptoms until we realised that we had to put entries in
> >inetd.conf for afpd and atalkd - although netatalk is not run through
> >inetd, it apparently uses tcp_wrappers to allow connections.
>
> Huh? And what ecactly did you configure?
> Sure that you don't mean /etc/services?

Yes. We put lines like:

afpd: ALL
atalkd: ALL

in hosts.allow, and the problem was solved.

> >Anyway, the problem went away... :)
>
> I bet this is not related to your inetd.conf.

I didn't intend to suggest that it was - as above, I meant to refer to
hosts.allow and hosts.deny.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781