[netatalk-admins] Clients can't find UAM

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Clients can't find UAM
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 13:18:57 EDT

Hi,

I've just built netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on linuxppc linked against
libdes and libwrap. I've told afpd to refuse cleartext-password
connections, but can't manage to get it to do randnum-based ones.

When I try to connect to it from another Mac (OS 8.6), I get an
ASIP session logged by syslog (so it's apparently getting past
tcp_wrappers, so far so good) but then the following error on
the Mac:

  The User Authentication Method required by this server can't be
  found, please check the AppleShare folder in the System Folder
  and try again.

What am I missing?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services