[netatalk-admins] aliases

Subject: [netatalk-admins] aliases
From: R Cent (cent@u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 17:24:46 EDT

I downloaded netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-2.i386.rpm and have been
using it for five months with RedHat 5.2. All is well except
for one problem:

When my Mac users make aliases to FOLDERS on the server, the
aliases work for awhile, but eventually (days) the aliases point
to the wrong FOLDER. This is in contrast to aliases my users
make to FILES which always work.

This problem is rather inconveniencing for my users. I'd like
to get confirmation whether it is a known problem with Netatalk
or just my installation.

Bob Cent
University of Washington
Box 357330