Re: [netatalk-admins] On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted.

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted.
From: Didier Chalm (Didier.Chalm@shom.fr)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 02:01:04 EDT

Dans son message du 31/8/1999, Vicki Brown écrivait:

> Anyhow, in playing with the new one I discovered that I could stop it with
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk.init stop
>
> (yes, that works; no, don't tell me I "should" reboot)
>
> but I couldn't start it again

You have tou build your kernel w/ Appletalk support as a module. ;-)
Then you can stop atalk, unload the module, ..., load the module and start
atalk...

--
-- Didier.Chalm@shom.fr       EPSHOM     |   Linux, one small step for man,
-- Service Informatique   BREST - FRANCE |   one giant leap for mankind.