[netatalk-admins] setting exec permission from Mac

Subject: [netatalk-admins] setting exec permission from Mac
From: Darie Duclos (Darie.Duclos@unifr.ch)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 05:11:02 EDT

Hi netatalk enthusiasts,

Is there a way to set an execute permission on a file created
on a Mac and stored on a Unix partition via Netatalk?

We have a secretary who creates html files with includes (like
to include the standard header). In order for the include to
be carried out by the server, the execute bit has to be on.
But Macs don't know about execute permissions, and I can't
see her having to telnet to a Sun in order to chmod files..

The last resort will be a crontab which chmods her files once
a day, but I would have liked to avoid this.

Please copy me on your mail as I'm not receiving this list.
Thanks!

Darie Duclos
Systems Manager "All my life I've wanted
Institut d'Informatique to be somebody, it's
Universite de Fribourg only now I see I should
Darie.Duclos@unifr.ch have been more specific."
tel: +41 26 300 83 42
fax: +41 26 300 96 42 -- Lily Tomlin