[netatalk-admins] DHX uam with Solaris?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] DHX uam with Solaris?
From: Steve Hillman (hillman@sfu.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 18:33:35 EDT

Has anyone managed to enable the DHX uam by specifying the CRYPTO dir and
then compile netatalk under Solaris?

I've got the latest snapshot (08/04/99) and the latest OpenSSL. Build
attempts on both Solaris 2.5.1 w/ gcc-2.7.2.3 and Solaris 2.6 w/ gcc 2.95.1
fail the same way - as soon as it tries to link the uams_randnum.o object
file into uams_randnum.so, the linker comes back with a long list of
symbols in the libcrypto library and the error "relocations remain against
allocatable but non-writable sections".

A search of this list's archives for this error message turns up nothing,
and since OpenSSL support has been included inside Netatalk for a number of
months, I suspect I might be on my own.

If anyone can shed any light on this, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Hillman, Senior Systems Administrator
604-291-3960 Academic Computing Services
hillman@sfu.ca Simon Fraser University

"Give me ambiguity or give me something else"