[netatalk-admins] Newbie Questions - Zones and Share Points

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Newbie Questions - Zones and Share Points
From: Jonathan (jcelliot@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 19:57:39 EDT

Hi all,

After some considerable difficulty, I managed to get Netatalk running
on my FreeBSD box (3.1-RELEASE). Problem is, I am having difficulty
getting the server to appear in the correct Zone(s).

I have tried an atalkd.conf file that looks something like this:

xl0 -phase 2 -net 125-125 -zone "MyZone"

...Where MyZone is the name of the zone in which I would like the
server to appear.

I've also tried:

xl0 -phase 2 -net 125 -addr 125.170 -zone "MyZone" -zone
"AnotherZone" -zone "YetAnotherZone" -zone "StillMoreZones" -zone
"AZoneAgain"

The server still appears in the network's default zone.

---

OK, the other problem is this - after logging onto the server, users get their home directories by default. How does Netatalk make this its default behaviour and how can it be replaced and/or augmented with a list of share points determined by me. Is it done in afpd.conf? If so, where should afpd.conf be placed in order for this to work?

Please help, or I'll be forced to install CAP which will not make me particularly happy.

Jonathan. --- Jonathan Elliott Technical Officer Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"Apple Computer - we might not have got everything right but at least we knew that the century would end." - Douglas Adams