[netatalk-admins] afpd group write privileges

Subject: [netatalk-admins] afpd group write privileges
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 15:29:27 EDT

Hi, all --

I've recently moved one of our webservers from MacOS and ASIP to
Linux with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. Everything seems to be working
fine with one exception (which is in another message!).

However, I've realized that our web-design folks are accustomed to having
AppleShare access to all of the departmental websites on the machine,
while individual departments only have access to their own. That is,
one user needs access to everything under /public, while all of the
directories under /public are each accessible to only one user.

In unix, this would be easy: just change the group ownership of all of
those files to 'webgroup', put the web-design-folks user in that group,
and make sure everything's group writeable.

How would I do the equivalent thing with afpd?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services