[netatalk-admins] Mounting TCP/IP Volumes w/aliases

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Mounting TCP/IP Volumes w/aliases
From: Chris McFarling (cmcfarling@pacificcolor.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 20:18:33 EDT

When I mount a volume through the Chooser using the Guest account, it
mounts using TCP/IP, as it should. If I unmount it and then remount it
using the 'Recent Servers' alias (or a manually created alias), it
mounts using AppleTalk. If I do the same thing using a registered
username and password, it mounts via TCP/IP no matter what.

So far I've set TCP/IP control panel to always be loaded and trashed
the AppleShare Prep file, but no luck.

I would really like to be able to make this work with the Guest account
and not have to setup usernames for every client machine.

Setup:
PowerMac G3 266
MacOS 8.5.1
AppleShare Client 3.8.1