[netatalk-admins] Nothing in Chooser

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Nothing in Chooser
From: Joe Holland (jholland@kellyspace.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 14:13:57 EDT

I loaded the netatalk-21_4b2+asun2_1_3-6_i386.rpm on to a RedHat 5.2 system
(Pentium I processor) and a iMac running 8.6 and a 68040 Mac running 8.1 can
connect to server via TCP. However the Chooser never sees the server, I
have to use a blind connection via IP #. Additionally, an "aecho" gives a
100% packet loss and "nbplkup" finds nothing but the local server items and
nothing elsewhere. Have tried forcing the DDP side of the house using a
"-transall" in the afpd.conf file. It makes no difference. Any ideas on
how to get the server to show in the Chooser? Note that I previously tried
the 2_1_0-5 version of the rpm and could not connect even over IP.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Holland