Re: [netatalk-admins] File Associations

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] File Associations
From: Anthony L. Sollars (sollarsa@starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 12:01:53 EDT

Dear Jeremy,

        Check out the AppleVolumes.system file, should be in /etc. It contains
the file mapping translations. Their could be an error in yours or
something. If atalkd doesn't recognize a file and the text flag is
active in this file it will view it as a text file. I will insert a copy
of my AppleVoumes.system file in this email to give you something to
look against.

 Sincerely,

Anthony L. Sollars
Technology Coordinator
Star of the Sea School
1411 Grand Ave.
Astoria, Or 97103
(503) 325-3771
sollarsa@starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us

#
# This file is read before (after if -u is specified) the user's
# AppleVolume file. Add extension mappings and volumes here.
#

# default translation -- note that CR <-> LF translation is done on all
# files of type TEXT. The first line turns off translation for files of
# unknown type, the second turns this translation on.
. BINA UNIX
# . TEXT UNIX

# sounds
.mod STrk STrk
.mid Midi ttxt
.aiff AIFF SNdm
.wav WAVE SNdm
.au ULAW SNdm

# video
.moov MooV mMPG
.mov MooV mMPG
.mpg MPEG mMPG
.mpeg MPEG mMPG

# formatted text
.html TEXT MOS!
.rtf TEXT MSWD
.doc WDBN MSWD

# compressed archives
.bin BINA MB2P
.zip ZIP ZIP
.tar TARF TAR!
.gz Gzip Gzip
.Z ZIVM LZIV
.sea ???? SITx
.cpt PACT CPCT
.sit SIT! SIT!
.hqx TEXT SITx

# graphics
.tiff TIFF JVWR
.tif TIFF JVWR
.bmp BMPp JVWR
.pct PICT ttxt
.pict PICT ttxt
.jpeg JPEG JVWR
.jpg JPEG JVWR
.gif GIFf JVWR

# If uncommented, this line would export the /tmp directory as
"Temporary".
#/tmp Temporary