Re: [netatalk-admins] TCP Connection Problems

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] TCP Connection Problems
From: Tom Kacvinsky (tjk@ams.org)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 22:29:16 EST

Is the server behind a firewall? In order for the chooser to switch
over to AFP over TCP/IP properly, the server has to respond to a ping
from the client Macintosh (amongst other things). If the firewall is
preventing this, you don't stand a chance of the chooser picking AFP
over TCP/IP automatically. You'll have to enter the IP address by
hand, as you are curently doing.

Tom