[netatalk-admins] Solution to zones in papd

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solution to zones in papd
From: J. A. Landamore (jal@mcs.le.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 06:37:59 EST

Many thanks to those few people who responed to my cry for help about setting
the zone for papd. In summary (although I don't know why as these mails aren't
archived):

The printer name is set in papd.conf, as per the man page, however the man page
implies that it can be defined in nbp format; i.e. name:type@zone. This fails
because : is the field seperator for the parser of papd.conf (termcap).
Therefore the printer can only be specified as name@zone. The next problem was
that our zone name has spaces in it. Everywhere else under netatalk I needed to
enclose the name in " " to escape the spaces, in papd you mustn't use " " ,
again the termcap parser.
So printer@zone name:pr=lp works
printer:LaserWriter@zone name, printer@"zone name" etc don't.

Anyway at last we seem to be getting somewhere.

Thanks again

John Landamore | Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin. | and reboot |
                                | |
e-mail: | Hogfather |
J.Landamore@mcs.le.ac.uk | Terry Pratchett |