[netatalk-admins] Mounting loopback device RH6.1

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Mounting loopback device RH6.1
From: Owen O'Donovan (odonovan@bsd.sk.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 14:02:12 EST

I've been experimenting with mounting CD images as loopback devices
under RH 6.0 (with netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 installed from tarball) and
RH6.1. using 1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6 (installed from rpm).

I can mount -t hfs /dev/loopX /mnt/whatever -o afpd
(or -o fork=netatalk) under rh6.

The mount point is then put in the Appledouble.default file and the
image is accessable through afpd.

Under rh6.1, the mount is successful (files are viewable locally) but
the connection breaks on logon until the mount point is removed from
the Appledouble file.

/var/log/messages reports the child afpd process killed.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?? TIA