Re: [netatalk-admins] How does the sun appletalk module work?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] How does the sun appletalk module work?
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 19:56:12 EST

> From: dcsmith@belgarath.rutgers.edu
> To: netatalk-admins@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu

> Is there a convienient explanation of how exactly the sun appletalk module
> works? does it use sockets or streams? what type of klm is it? etc....
> Is there any sort of summary of how it operates with solaris, etc... or
> even a basic description of how to add protocols via klms where would be
> the best place to look for this?

There are two Sun publications, Writing Device Drivers and STREAMS
Programming Guide. I also found the SVR4.2 STREAMS Modules and Drivers
helpful. The man pages on Solaris (mblk, et al) are also very
helpful. netatalk uses -lsocket, etc. There's a little bit of
additional info you need for that, but I don't recall where it was
published.

:wes