[netatalk-admins] AppleTalk Addresses

Subject: [netatalk-admins] AppleTalk Addresses
From: Daniel E. Lautenschleger (delautenschl@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 08:33:44 EST

I have several Linux boxes running Netatalk. Bear with me as I'm not that
familiar with the AppleTalk protocol.

I see how one can go into the AppleTalk control panel and view the
AppleTalk address for a particular machine. My question is how do you
determine the AppleTalk address that a router is assigning to a Linux box.
I'm assuming the address is assigned by the router. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Also, is there a software program that allows you to resolve AppleTalk
addresses to hardware addresses on a network?

Thanks, folks.

Dan

Daniel E. Lautenschleger, MCP
Network Administrator & Computer Support
Robert M. Bock Laboratories
delautenschl@facstaff.wisc.edu
voice: 608-262-3403
fax: 608-262-4570