[netatalk-admins] return of alias problems and dancing icons

Subject: [netatalk-admins] return of alias problems and dancing icons
From: Dave Ritter (dritter@newtimes.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 16:48:10 EST

I just set up two new Linux servers using RedHat 6.1 and
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. My users are now complaining about alias not
pointing to the right folders after the make them, even after the try the
"alias of an alias" trick. We are also experiencing the "dancing icons"
problem. I thought these problem were fixed in this release. Other servers
that I have set up with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 do not seem to have this
problem but I have been using Mandrake-Linux 6.5 (based on RedHat 6). Could
this problem be specific to RedHat 6.1?

Anyone else have problems like this?

My users are on System 8.6 - AppleShare client 3.8.3 and 3.8.4

Is the latest release (pre-asun2.1.4-36) any closer to being ready for the
masses, my employer is uncomfortable about using beta software so I really
can't use "pre-asun2.1.4-36" until it is worthy of removing the "pre" from
it's name.

DaveR
dritter@newtimes.com