[netatalk-admins] alias test

Subject: [netatalk-admins] alias test
From: Dave Ritter (dritter@newtimes.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 19:50:14 EST

I was just curious...

If you can, test your aliases on your netatalk server.

make an alias of a folder from a mac on your server (make several different
ones)

copy these aliases to your mac's desktop

drag the mounted server volumes to the trash (log out completly)

log back in with the same username and password

try your aliases, see if they open the folders that you expected

I'm woundering why this problem has come back, and I would like to know this
has happened to anyone else.

I thought my alias problems were gone with the 2.1.3 release.