[netatalk-admins] Netatalk and FreeBSD STABLE - Input/Output error

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and FreeBSD STABLE - Input/Output error
From: eirvine (eirvine@tpgi.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 02:41:24 EST

Hi,

Running Netatalk-asun port on FreeBSD-SATBLE.
Hardware is a new Dell 2300 on a 100Base-T
network.

When another 100Base-T client connects I get the
following error on the console:
        atalkd: afp_openfork: ad_open: Input/Output error.

With older 100Base-T clients (actually other Mac fileservers)
the speed is still quite good, but with iMac clients the
speed goes right down to around 400K a second. Reading *from*
the server seems to be about half that again.

I've also noted the same slowdown on another FreeBSD-stable machine
with a 3Com 3905b (?)card.

Eddie