[netatalk-admins] Server, no volumes

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Server, no volumes
From: skippy (skippy@linux.jungle.ottawa.on.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 08:10:44 EST

I apologize in advance for the frequently asked question but I'm a Mac
person who's trying to administer Linux. Stop laughing.

I've installed netatalk on RedHat 6.0 using their RPM version. The linux
server appears in the chooser of all the Macintosh clients.

When I connect to the server using the Appletalk (conventional, not IP)
client, I can autheticate, but I see no volumes to mount.

In theory, should not the user's home directory on the Linux box be
visible if nothing else?

What have I done? (Many many times I ask myself).

If anyone can spare me a second to rhyme off a list of things I should
check, I would be most appreciative and will promise not to bother anyone
until I try to get the linux box to be able to print to an Appletalk
printer.

(Please reply by e-mail and I will circulate answers by e-mail to any who
express an interest.)

cmkl

Jungle Internet
Web hosting, a funky BBS and a lot of fonts
http://www.jungle.ottawa.on.ca