Re: [netatalk-admins] Afpd dies...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Afpd dies...
From: Xavier Reigner (Xavier.Reigner@epfl.ch)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 11:34:10 EST

I'm also seeking for a solution on that disconnetion, and I found this
solution
at www.searchlinux.com...
He give his own patch wich make certainly something interesting but also
change
the adouble.h with :

> -#define AD_DATASZ1 589
> +#define AD_DATASZ1 1024 /* was 589, linux kernels > 2.2.9 seem
> + have unilaterally changed this WRT
> + hfs... */

and finally the files which are already on my linuxbox couldn't be
recognize with
their type and application maker...

hope it's help you, and will be greatfull to find a solution...

yours

xav

> FIX: netatalk/afpd under linux>2.2.10/HFS
>

> Question | No Replies >
>

> Return to Search
> Author: Ole Craig (olc@cs.umass.edu)
> Date: 1999-10-27
> Sources: comp.os.linux.networking
>
> I've seen a couple of folks report problems with netatalk
> disconnecting Mac clients when they try to mount an HFS format
device
> under newer (> 2.2.9?) versions of linux. I managed to fix this
under
> RedHat 6.1 (2.2.12) by applying a workaround posted to
> linux.debian.bugs.dist by Hideyuki Otokawa
> <otokawa@slab.tnr.sharp.co.jp>; for the original post see
> 19990628151757O.otokawa@slab.tnr.sharp.co.jp">news://19990628151757O.otokawa@slab.tnr.sharp.co.jp -- dejanews
may be
> of help.
>
> The symptoms were that you could mount normal netatalk
volumes
> fine, but if you tried to mount an HFS-format partition (using
Paul

www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pub/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-olc_rh61.i386.rpm

www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pub/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-olc_rh61.src.rpm

www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pub/netatalk-devel-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-olc_rh61.i386.rpm