[netatalk-admins] Compile errors with kernel 2.2.13?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compile errors with kernel 2.2.13?
From: William J. Brinkman II (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 17:46:10 EST

Okay, newbie question number 2. I used to be able to build things that
use libwrap. I upgraded my Linux kernel on my RedHat 6.1 system to
2.2.13, and now nothing that uses libwrap will build. (See example
output below.)

Since I am having trouble with afpd disconnecting me when I try to
access my OS 8 CD over netatalk, I thought I would build debug, and try
to see what is going on. But I can't build! Bleh. Anyone have ideas? I
have rebuilt and re-installed libwrap, and updated to the Rawhide
version of libc6, kernel-headers, kernel-source, etc.

Thanks a lot! Sorry if these are silly questions, but I am new to all
but the most basic aspects of Linux/UNIX programming.

--

gcc -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk -L/usr/local/lib -latalk -ldes -lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl /usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match': hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

-- William "Bo" Brinkman brinkman@cs.princeton.edu Princeton Computer Science http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~brinkman -- You can hurt yourself if you run with scissors. --Microsoft Word tip of the day