Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk questions

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk questions
From: Lance Hart (LHart@STPUBS.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 10:59:09 EST

I have had the same problems finding sites out there with
documentation. I am pretty sure this project is still being
developed. And those files .Apple... files can be made
nonaparent to the pc users if you are using samba too.

Add this line to your samba global

veto files = /.AppleDouble/.bin/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash Folder/

-Lance

>>> admin <admin@theidf.com> 12/14/99 10:49AM >>>
Hey all-

  I am new to netatalk usage, and I have a few questions. First, is there
a troubleshooting guide/FAQ available that we can reference for
problematic issues other then the one at umich.edu (espically MacOS 8.x
probs)? Second, is the project still being actively developed? Third, is
there a technical document(s) available that describes this seemingly
illogical method of sharing files (just what the heck are are these
.Appledoubles all over the !@##!% place!). I still can't get over the
one-button mouse thing.

Regards,

Richard N. Fogle