Re: [[netatalk-admins] Fun with Netatalk]

Subject: Re: [[netatalk-admins] Fun with Netatalk]
From: Dave Ritter (dave.ritter@usa.net)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 19:33:35 EST

Netatalk leaves the window settings as they were when you last changed
them - if you want the windows to be set a certain way every time a user
mounts a volume, the user can not own the folder or volume. I have yet to
find a good way to make this work correctly. On an AppleShare server you
login as Admin and the set the window size, position and view settings.
When other users then log into these volumes, the settings will always be
returned to the original settings, no matter what the last user did to
them. This window behavior would be a welcome addition to netatalk...

<LHart@STPUBS.COM> wrote:

I am almost done setting up my Linux server with Netatalk.

I have a couple more questions:

When a mac logs in and they see the share point. Is there
a way for them to have it default to list and stay a list for the
next time they log in?

Should I have any settings in the afpd.conf?

Thanks a million, you guys have been great!

-La